Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College – Fall Admissions Updates
We wanted to reach out to you with opportunities for your prospective graduate students to learn more about the master’s programs offered at Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy.
Prospective graduate students from a wide spectrum of majors and backgrounds will be interested in learning more about our highly ranked master’s degree programs in Information Systems & Management, Public Policy & Management, and Arts & Entertainment Industry Management.
You can find additional information about Heinz College and the individual programs on our Advisor Resource Page.
Students who are graduating in December 2021/May 2022 or have previously completed their bachelor’s degree:
- Our Fall Visitation Events for prospective master’s students will take place for your convenience over the course of two weeks (Monday, November 8 to Friday, November 19). For more information about our Fall Visitation events, please visit our website.
- We will be hosting Online Information Sessions throughout the fall semester. Learn about our master’s programs without leaving your desk! Each session includes a presentation by the admissions team and features the program director and/or current students. For the upcoming schedule of live events, or to view a recorded session, CLICK HERE
- Prospective students may schedule a virtual campus visit, chat live with a current student or connect via email with a student.
Students who will complete their bachelor’s degree in December 2022 or May 2023 and are seeking opportunities for the summer 2022 semester:
- Students who want to pursue a career in Public Policy should consider applying to the Public Policy and International Affairs Program (PPIA) Junior Summer Institute (JSI). The PPIA-JSI is a national fellowship program that prepares students for an advanced degree and ultimately for careers and influential roles serving the public good. The PPIA-JSI is a rigorous seven-week training offered each summer for rising college seniors, with coursework focused on quantitative, analytical, and communication skills. You can learn more about PPIA by visiting PPIAProgram.org.
- Heinz College’s IT Lab: Summer Security Intensive (SSI) is a great opportunity for students who are interested in IT, cybersecurity, and data analytics. SSI is a paid seven-week fellowship where participants take coursework in security analytics and policy with the world’s leading security, analytics, and policy researchers while applying the knowledge and skills gained through experiential learning to improve the cybersecurity posture for local organizations.