Requirements for Economics Ph.D. students simultaneously pursuing an M.A. in Statistics:
- 5 courses from economics or business that have a strong statistics content.
- 5 courses from statistics that are signiﬁcantly diﬀerent in content to courses in economics.
- Must take advanced statistical methods and multivariate statistics.
- Courses that are joint listed between the two departments are counted toward the number of courses in the “home” department for the particular course.
- Obtain a grade of at least B in each of Econ 510 and Econ 511.
- Major project – may be directed by economics faculty but must have strong statistical content. The doctoral proposal in economics can count toward this requirement.