The deadline for submitting applications as well as test scores and supplemental material is January 15th. Full consideration will be given to applications that are submitted prior to the deadline.
The following documents must be submitted before your application will be considered complete.
PhD Application Checklist (pdf)
- Online Application
- Application Fee $85.00 (please use credit card for payment)*
- Statement of Purpose (upload or answer corresponding question on application)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (only 3 are required, if more please submit them, online submission preferred)
- Official GRE Scores (we do not accept GMAT)
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores**
- Transcripts for all universities attended (unofficial transcripts are accepted for initial application but official transcripts are required before enrollment).
*Fee is due at the time you submit your application or your application will not be accepted.
**TOEFL/IELTS exam can be waived if you have received a degree from an institution at which English is the official language of communication. If you feel you qualify for a waiver you should e-mail the graduate coordinator your request including which schools you attended and specific dates you attended.
All supplemental material should be uploaded on the application website. Supplemental material will not be accepted by mail unless you have problems uploading your material on the application website. If you have problems uploading your material please contact email@example.com for further instructions.
Please see our Admissions FAQ for further details. For more general questions about graduate admissions at Rice University the Office of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies also maintains a list of frequently asked questions.
GRE - Rice University GRE School Code 6609, Department Code 1801
TOEFL - Rice University TOEFL Institution Code 6609, Department Code 84
IELTS - Designate Rice University