The Chair Group of Finance at Radboud University’s Nijmegen School of Management is currently seeking an applicant for a 4-year PhD position.
The position comprises research in the area of decision making under risk and uncertainty, in particular, preferences incompleteness and indecisiveness and their implications. You will be hired as an official employee of the university, and your payment will be according to the Dutch job-ranking system (UFO). €2,325 per month, and will increase to €2,835 in the third year (P scale). The position has a small teaching load. In the fourth year of the research project you will have the opportunity to work in Singapore at National University of Singapore. The working conditions (e.g. salary) in Singapore will then apply. You will receive generous research support (e.g., funding for research projects, travel buduget). There will be no teaching load in the fourth year so that you can focus on finishing your PhD and getting your papers accepted.
The Chair Group of Finance in the Department of Economics consists of several professors and PhD students who mainly conduct research in behavioural/experimental economics and decision making. The department and Chair have regular research seminars and meetings in the relevant topics, and they are very well connected to the field of behavioural/experimental economics world-wide.
What we expect:
- a Master’s degree in economics, business administration, finance, psychology, mathematics, econometrics or a related field;
- good knowledge and/or a strong interest in research areas of behavioural/experimental economics and decision making under risk and uncertainty;
- excellent English writing, speaking, and reading skills;
- strong motivation and commitment to do a PhD successfully;
- programming skills are beneficial.
No. Application due date: