Are you interested in pursuing post-graduate study, travel, or English teaching abroad? Not sure what you want to do with a gap year after Rice? The Center for Civic Leadership recruits and offers intensive advising for a range of scholarships and fellowship opportunities for graduate study, leadership programs, and international travel and research.
If you are interested in graduate study in the UK, including the Marshall, Mitchell, Rhodes, and Churchill Scholarships, make sure you meet with a CCL adviser before you leave for summer break and indicate your interest through the Apply Now portal: https://ccl.rice.edu/application/ by June 1st
The CCL will be hosting a number of workshops and sessions to better help you understand the fellowship process.
- Personal Statement Workshop: Friday, March 28th from 2-4 in Miner Lounge
- Host Affiliation and International Connections Workshop: Friday, April 5 from 2-4 in Ley 2nd Floor Conference Room
- Research and Program Proposals: Friday, April 12 from 2-4 in Miner Lounge
- Drop-In Session: Friday, April 19 from 2-3:30 in Miner Lounge
-For those specifically interested in the Marshall Scholarship, the CCL will be hosting a Roundtable with Ryan Roark
, a Visiting Studio Professor, (https://arch.rice.edu/people/faculty/ryan-roark
) on Tuesday, April 9 from 2-3 in the Honors Council Conference Room, which is on the 2nd floor of the RMC, above the Grand Hall. To RSVP for the Roundtable, please use this link: https://forms.gle/tpuDwCuezjpwKnPN6
-On Wednesday, April 17th from 12:10-12:50, the CCL will be hosting “Letters of Recommendation: A Faculty Perspective”
- The panel will include:
- All faculty members are also members of the University Committee on Fellowships and Awards
- Location TBD (check CCL Calendar for updates)
Yes. See external link for more information.