On October 13th, the Graduate Economics Association (GEA) hosted their annual Trivia Night at Dore Commons. The event provided students the opportunity to mingle over dinner and drinks, before a round of economic, Rice and Houston themed trivia.
This event marked the GEA's fourth of this year, alongside a happy hour, a coffee hour, and a welcome event for incoming students. This years graduate cohort features ten new students coming from seven different countries. The Rice Economic department wishes a warm welcome to the incoming students, listed below!
- Yu-Kuan Chen (Taiwan, University of Oxford)
- Navtej Dhaliwal (USA, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics)
- Qinyou Hu (China, Duke University)
- Robert idel (Germany, University of Mannheim)
- Shinjae Jang (South Korea, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Marcos Ki Hyung Lee (Brazil, University of Sao Paulo)
- Zijun Liu (China, University of Mannheim)
- Sen Lu (China, Fudan University)
- Omer Faruk Sozbir (Turkey, London School of Economics)
- Xiaoyu Yu (China, University of Wisconsin, Madison)